Friday 9 December 2011

You can't Stop the Music!

Last night was just one of the most fabulous nights. An evening at the Hotel de France having dinner in a posh frock with friends listening to Jamie Cullum.

I have always been a fan of old time glamour and well; this evening was certainly representative of that.
Although I am ready for telling that Pat I didn't need a ruddy pair of sucker in knickers (see previous blog) as my frock is toooo big. Its a very beautiful frock but prior to going out I had to get my beau to knot the straps just to keep my wares covered and despite the highest heels I still looked like someone had cut my feet off! Oh well my new Dior eyeshadow made up for it. I can have my dress re fitted thank gawd.

Anyway back to the matter in hand. Drinks reception started the champagne flowing and our very own Christian ensured we never ran dry. Its quite a small venue which just lent itself to feeling like Jamie was singing in your front room. Listening to him singing In the Bleak Midwinter ( my favourite carol) was just lovely.

All us girls twirled and danced in front of the stage. That was when we weren't being twirled by our pal fondly now known as Jazzy. Ruddy hell can he move! The beau isn't one for a twirl but is happy to let me order more champagne as I smile a toothy grin and say "Fanks". I am lucky to have him say "anything for you my darling" . (Ooohh I went all coy then).

Yooo Hooo...over here!




Dinner was scrummy too and the hotel was twinkly. That's us sat top right hand table. What do you mean you can't see us? Squint a bit!






Ahhhh there we are ta dah! My new resuscitation officer has many talents including managing a nifty 30:2. She can also make curly hair. She was kind enough to bouff me  last night before I went out.  So I am a bit curly in the piccy. The curls dropped in the excitement of the wonders of Jamie.
It was definitely a fun night. Our pal  won two VIP tickets to Springsteen and deservedly so as she had organised us all into going. If anyone should win a prize it was most certainly her.


Right well time for another peppermint tea, so I will leave you with a spot of Jamie.The song is Gran Torino and if you haven't seen the film, you should its fab. Have a great weekend readers!


POST NOTE: Our waiter wasn't a christian as in a biblical one. I wouldn't be so rude to ask his ecumenical persuasion. His name was Christian!!

No comments:

Post a Comment