Well not sure how to start this post, hmmnn its a thinker!
Anyway the reason I am writing this post is because I have won something. I am actually crap at winning anything, it was once said that I couldn't win myself in a raffle. I don't think you can include winning the church tombola's prize of a tin of corned beef. Winning is supposed to promote a heady sense of exhilaration, one where you want to do a lap round the lounge with your jumper pushed up over your face. Of course I am thrilled someone nominated me for this, and after much researching around; I was even more thrilled when I realised I had won it.. However I am also a little embarrassed.
I really should have calves like Kelly Holmes; after all I could be an Olympic entrant for hamster wheel peddling. Generally we go through life, sometimes with it mapped out and occasionally receiving dodge balls. I have a lot of bruises from ruddy dodge balls. Despite this I like to think of myself as strong, not in an arm wrestling way but of heart. Remember my blog profile readers? I laugh in the face of adversity. I have had a lot of bloody adversity and recently I looked in the mirror to see how many wrinkles I had from it. I thought if I have a lot I can call them laughter lines. However that wouldn't stand as someone recently told me that if someone tried to pretend their wrinkles were laughter lines, her father would remark "nothing is that F****ing funny" . I starred long and hard I have one, so life isn't too bad.
Writing this blog, expressing myself this way really was a fantastic method of just feeling better about missing home and starting a new life here in Jersey. I have had to put my pumps on over the last two weeks as I have had to peddle the ruddy hamster wheel. I say pumps because I am not posh enough to own Dunlop green flash (1970's childhood reference).
Here's the bit I am embarrassed about. I am not part of a blogging community and never read other people's blogs, excluding Bernadette's who was the person who kindly nominated me. http://bernadette-davies.blogspot.com/ So my embarrassment creeps up even further; part of getting this award includes doing the following.
- Nominate 15 fellow bloggers for The Versatile Blogger Award
- Add an image of the Versatile Blogger Award
- In the same post, thank the blogger who nominated you in a post with a link back to their blog.
- In the same post, share 7 completely random pieces of information about yourself
- Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination by posting a comment on each of their blogs.
Anyway there you have it, my award. I will nominate 15 blogs when I take the time to read some recommendations, probably starting with R..J. Ropsen as they left me a comment on a post.
So to achieve some of the award winning requirements.
7 random things
- I liked to lick the corks from the solution bottles in chemistry.
- I wore a knitted swimsuit, a turban and an eye patch whilst learning to swim age 10.
- My heart stopped momentarily, only to be saved by a candidate on an ALS course punching me in the chest (He must of read his manual!).
- Had I been a boy, my name would of been Farquhar.
- I was unable to say the word ambulance until the age of 12,.until then it was ambillyillyance.
- I only have my width certificate in swimming because my knitted swimsuit held so much water, I sunk.
- I had a childhood phobia about Santa.
So there you go more nonsense from my wittering!