Tuesday 3 January 2012

Ring out the old, ring in the new!

Ring out the old, ring in the new,
Ring, happy bells, across the snow:
The year is going, let him go;
Ring out the false, ring in the true.

Lord Alfred Tennyson said the lovely words above and although the 1st signifies the start of the year; I always feel my first working day signifies it for me. Up till then its still Christmas! So the year started today. What a year its been! Some what exhausting, at times exciting and at most ever changing.

Christmas was quiet, Boxing day, busy and New Years Eve, drunken merriment. The pinata went down well, and I found I didn't need to de-stress as the beau's children were delightful. I am becoming a regular Nanny McPhee but less warty.

I missed my family and friends back home but new friends made New Year amusing. Even in Jersey I am surrounded by Northerners and no more Northern than the host of the party I attended on New Years Eve. She is fab. Her husband is just as fab. Awash with champagne and bubble induced giggling the entertainment of the evening was just magic, literally. I would go into detail but the following clip will do it more justice than myself.

  
Try to ignore me shouting "its a shame you aren't a Mormon, as I would marry you right now", I was under the influence of champagne and show biz. I have always been a fan of magic. My ex was brilliant at it although when in the early stages of dating he demonstrated what he called " a levitation trick passed down to him by the voodoo brothers" . It essentially meant he appeared to be floating when he was actually balanced on one foot. He then claimed it had took it out of him and buggered off home.! It took me 6 years to work out the trick and 2 years to get him to stay a whole night.

Anyhoo I digress. We staggered home and didn't have too much of a hangover. It has been a great Christmas but I did have a wobbly lip when a friend I now hold dear left the island. He was part of the 3 amigo midweek drinkers. Only 2 of us remain and one of them will be bogging off back to the UK in spring possibly. My wobbly bottom lip will return once more when he does go.
The pal that left is very much like myself. I could spend endless time talking about growing veg, keeping chickens and he even understood my need at times to run away and start a travelling flea circus. His last night spent on the island was shared with my beau and me. I am glad I got to see him because he is an all round hoot. Although both the beau and my pal actually ranked dumb and dumber as their top 3 comedy films. So if he is reading here is a little homage to the most annoying film I have ever had the unfortunate pleasure of watching.  

  

If you made New years resolution's readers at least try and keep them up till spring. Me well I never make them, I don't last past February. I will however promise to blog more.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a very busy but very nice holiday. I made a few resolutions I am trying to keep. Will check back when there is a new blog post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tis Defo tine the top comedy films ever.. this clip had me laughing for an hour :) ha ha - real tears too....

    ReplyDelete